Sunday, 1 February 2009

Give Him Flowers!



I'm married to the most wonderful man in the world, but there's one thing he wouldn't do - give me a present, card or flowers on a special occasion. He's simply boycotting them - Christmas, Valentine, our wedding anniversary and my birthday are declared No-Presents-Days!

The reason behind it is that he doesn't like looking for gifts and buying things just for the sake of doing it. He prefers giving me things when he knows that I want, like or need them. In other words, I get non-birthday, non-Christmas and non-Valentine presents, but no Christmas, Valentine and birthday ones.

After making myself really upset about it during our first year together, I gradually managed to accept it. After all, he's the most wonderful man in the world!

Last year around St. Valentine's Day I said: "You could at least give me flowers."

His answer was: "Why are always men supposed to give flowers? You could give me flowers instead."

You know what? I'm going to do exactly that this year!

I'm trying to get him into giving me cards now. It didn't work out with Christmas, and I'm not extremely hopeful about Valentine, but there's still some time to my birthday and our wedding anniversary...

********
What you see on the picture is a keychain I just listed on Etsy. Its name is "Give Him Flowers" - I guess you already know why :-) This photo is not used on Etsy.

1 comment:

Debs said...

Hiya
I just totally love your jewellry! It really is beautiful! :)