Sunday, 16 November 2008

What a start!

Oh, well, I wouldn't have called it a "kick-start"...

Some days ago I finally launched my DaWanda shop and after a sleepless night managed to list my first 12 items. It wasn't until the next day, that I realised there was a problem with the DaWanda site - newly listed items just didn't show up at the front page!

Such a disappointment!

I registered in DaWanda back in August, but there was a lot of work around my English groups, so I just had to let it be for a while. Being the primary caregiver of my daughter, I'm mainly working during her sleeping hours (and they are not much at all!) - or when she's out for a walk with Daddy. That's why I was eager to sit in front of the computer and start off that shop.

However, after making myself really unhappy about the whole situation yesterday, I somehow managed to take it as it is today. I suppose that's one of Life's lessons - act, do what you think is right, and then let go and let be. We often try to swim against the current, and although that's theoretically possible, it doesn’t bring much on a longer run.

There is a beautiful book by Herman Hesse called "Sidharta". I read it many years ago but still remember how at the end of his life, the main character finally found the ultimate bliss in observing the flow of the river, while continuing with his day-to-day work.

Shall we give it a try?

No comments: