Thursday, 20 November 2008

Bald kommt Weihnachten wieder!*



* (German) It's Christmas soon!


A child in one of my English groups (3 year-old) said that back in July.

I think it had something to do with the moon puppet though. We were learning "Hey, Diddle, Diddle" at that time and I had made simple paper puppets to represent each of the characters. Every time the moon appeared, little Emily (the name is changed) would enthusiastically announce: "Bald kommt Weihnachten wieder!"

There's a picture of one of the flashcards I painted for the "Hey, Diddle, Diddle" series of lessons. I love this rhyme - it's funny and awkward.

Hey, diddle diddle
The cat and the fiddle
The cow jumped over the moon
The little dog laughed to see such fun
And the dish run away with the spoon

Note that the most frequent question I was getting was: "Why did the dish run away?" The fact that the cow jumped over the moon didn't seem to bother anyone.

However, now it's really Christmas time and we are already preparing. The other day I got a package from my Mum - she sent me some of my favourite Christmas decorations. You could see them on the picture.

No comments: